.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

New England Photos

A photo essay of life,sights and history in New England. Including some of the lesser known things and some of the down-right obscure. A new photo added every one to two days. Click on the photos to see a larger picture. There are more pictures in the archive.

Google

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

RAY NESTROVICH SR.

 
Granville, MA – This is Ray Nestrovich of Nestrovich’s Orchard. I stopped by to buy some apples and asked him if I could take his photo. He laughed and said, “Everyone want to take my photo”. He then showed me around the store where all the pictures and paintings of him were displayed. He even showed me an envelope that arrived that day with some photos in it. I guess he just has one of those faces. In this photo I tried to show some of the paintings and photos of him and his wife, who had recently passed away.

A local weekly paper asked Ray to write an article of his life. I did read it but unfortunately it got recycled. One interesting fact was about his father. His father was going to immigrate to the U.S. by ship. Well, I guess he spent a little too much time in the pub because he missed the ship and had to take the next one. It was a good thing because the ship he was to take was the Titanic. Posted by Picasa

RAY NESTROVICH SR.

7 Comments:

At 12:56 AM, Blogger still_figuring_out said...

this is a lovely photo.

 
At 1:06 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

WOW! Good thing his father spent a little too much time in the pub!!

Great photo! He has such an interesting face, and the store is so clean and neatly organized!

 
At 2:54 PM, Blogger concerned citizen said...

Checked you out from bhaktis' site. nice pictures, worth at least a 1000 words.
i love my camera, it is not digital so i always have to wait for film to be developed.
I have been photographing my paintings in natural settings to put on my blog site. waiting to get the film developed tho.

 
At 11:13 AM, Blogger maria said...

Hello Bill,

I just want to thank you for taking
and letting us see those wonderful
pictures of yours.

Marie

 
At 8:08 PM, Anonymous Bea said...

This is my uncle Ray who passed away February 26, 2011. I googled him and to my surprise found some pics. Thanks for the memories. Bea

 
At 11:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My neighbor across the street in Windsor would invite Ray every year to his parents BBQ on Otis Reservoir. Ray would come by around 5:ish to dine and tell us stories. I only knew Ray for 5 BBQ years and feel like I knew him for many more. The party wasn't the same w/out Ray. He is missed. - Nancy-Windsor, CT

 
At 8:07 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

This is my uncle Ray! It's been a long time since I was up in New England in fact it was about 10 years ago when I brought my youngest daughter to the farm for a visit with my Aunt Connie before she past! So sad to hear that he has past too! I used to love to go there and wonder the orchards. One on my favorite summer memories was spending a week there with them and playing with the dog puddle and Aunt Connie showing me how to make pasta from scratch! They were great people and I miss the apples down here in Fl we have good oranges not apples ! Glad I came across this page!! Tricia ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Blogroll Me!