.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

New England Photos

A photo essay of life,sights and history in New England. Including some of the lesser known things and some of the down-right obscure. A new photo added every one to two days. Click on the photos to see a larger picture. There are more pictures in the archive.

Google

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

THE CORN CRIB IS CLOSED


I pass this corn crib every day going to work. In the summer it is a unique vegetable stand where they use the honor system to pay. But now it is past growing season and time to shut the stand down for winter. Posted by Picasa

THE CORN CRIB IS CLOSED

3 Comments:

At 10:09 AM, Blogger R. Edmondson said...

I like your site - great pictures :) Keep it up!

Later.

 
At 4:28 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Is this building actually resting on bricks or cinder blocks? Wow, I'd be afraid that it would tip over!!

I recently went to the post office and took one of their boxes, put the things I was sending inside, taped it all up , wrote the address on the front and then realized that I had forgotten my money. I went up to the counter and asked the clerk if I could take the package home and then return with my money. She said "Yes, of course!". I was pleasantly surprised! I could never see that happening in the East Village, NYC where I used to live!!! The honor system is a good thing. It made me feel good to know that I looked trustworthy! :)

 
At 6:17 PM, Blogger Bill said...

bhaki - Yes, those are bricks of dome sort. It is a small building, actually a corn crib. That is a place to store orn but they made it into a vegatable stand.

But did the guy at the post office tell you that the Priority boxes are free and they have a flat rate box that will only cost you $7.75 no matter what the weight and the box is free?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Blogroll Me!