.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

New England Photos

A photo essay of life,sights and history in New England. Including some of the lesser known things and some of the down-right obscure. A new photo added every one to two days. Click on the photos to see a larger picture. There are more pictures in the archive.

Google

Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Farmington Valley Greenway - Bike and Jogging Path



Suffield to Farmington, CT - I decided to dust off my bike(literally) and try to ride. I haven't ridden my bike in at least 10 years and my bike has been sitting in the garage collecting dust. I put air in the tires and believe it or not, they held air. The reason I haven't ridden is I have arthritis in my ankle and the last time I tried to ride it really hurt; So, I decide to try again. If you have seen photos of me, such as in the corn maze, I am a little on the "doughy" side. I decide I have to do something about my weight before I stroke out or something. Anyway, I decided the best place to start out is on one of these rail to trails, the ride is flat and no cars. I have a habit of overdoing it, true to form, I did seven miles the first day and twenty the second. The good part is the ankle and any other parts are doing well so I will have to continue hopefully losing some of the blubber.


These are some of the photos I took on the trail. It is very scenic passing farmland and forests; you also take a tour of the Imperial Nurseries. On my twenty mile trip I went from Suffield to the Simsbury Flower Bridge, that is where I somehow lost the trial, which was OK because twenty miles for the second time riding was enough. Next time, I will have to find the trial that leads to Farmington, CT. I believe that this trial, connecting with others will go from Suffield, CT to New Haven, CT.

Labels: ,

Farmington Valley Greenway - Bike and Jogging Path

2 Comments:

At 1:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When yo lost the trail to see the bridge of flowers is were you got lost. Take a right there to rte 10/202 200 feet up and turn left ans stay on sidewalk. it will turn right back into the trail past EB. Unfortunatly the rte 10/202 corner is under construction now and a huge mess, so wait a while or start south of it. I've ridden to farmington, then rode the spur from there to Collensville.

 
At 6:17 AM, Blogger Bill said...

Thank you very much, next time I will find that turn.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Blogroll Me!