.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

New England Photos

A photo essay of life,sights and history in New England. Including some of the lesser known things and some of the down-right obscure. A new photo added every one to two days. Click on the photos to see a larger picture. There are more pictures in the archive.

Google

Sunday, September 06, 2009

Hayes Corn Maze

North Granby, CT - I always wanted to go through this maze but for some reason never made it(to the maze that is) so today I went. You can't see it from the ground but the maze has various farm related patterns, cow head, goat head, Apple and Maple trees, I can't remember what else.


I was greeted by the smiling face of Dorothy Hayes maze master and cheese maker extraordinaire(more about that tomorrow). I see that they sell provisions, water and gatorade; it might be a good idea to pick some up, you just never know how long you might be in the maze.


The entrance, "abandon all hope ye who enter here".


This is what you are looking for; in the tire is a question, you need to get the right answer to find the next clue...and the way out!


These are the signs that go with the answers. Will you pick wisely or will you pick poorly?


If you get freaked out there is always the emergency exit.


I'm lost! It would be funny but I was really lost, I swear I went down the same paths over and over; I choose poorly. I finally found my way out (it was tunnel "B", I think). I was thinking, where was that emergency exit?



Tunnel of Corn.


A most welcome sight!

The Hayes Corn Maze is open September 5th to Halloween night. Friday 4 - 9, Saturday 12 - 9, and Sunday 12 - 6 also open Labor Day and Columbus Day. If you come late, after 7pm bring a flashlight for some real fun, maze in the dark.

More information:Hayes Maze

Labels:

Hayes Corn Maze

3 Comments:

At 1:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

and still, people make fun of Nebraskans

A child of the corn

 
At 8:51 AM, Anonymous Leslie Horner said...

Well, I'm sold! I'll be going this weekend...thanks for posting this!

 
At 10:37 AM, Anonymous Leslie said...

Hey Bill - I went with some friends Saturday on your recommendation - in the dark with only flashlights - and had an absolute BLAST! Thank you for the tip!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Blogroll Me!