.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

New England Photos

A photo essay of life,sights and history in New England. Including some of the lesser known things and some of the down-right obscure. A new photo added every one to two days. Click on the photos to see a larger picture. There are more pictures in the archive.

Google

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Williamsburg Blacksmiths

Williamsburg, MA - Williamsburg Blacksmiths specialize in authentic reproduction hardware. This is where I buy all the hardware for my house, I have a 1770 Saltbox house. (I have been slow to post photos, that is why there is snow). This barn is the workshop where the hardware is made.



This is the showroom...obviously.



Samples of hardware.



More photos of the showroom.



This photo is taken in the workshop, looks like templates.



The modern way to heat the iron, a gas flame replaces a coal fire.



Williamsburg Blacksmiths website - CLICK HERE

Labels: , ,

Williamsburg Blacksmiths

1 Comments:

At 5:49 AM, Blogger Gothelittle Rose said...

Companies ought to start paying you for this. :) Just seeing that hardware... I've got a modern raised ranch/bilevel and I hate the modern style, so I've been trying to slowly transform it to my favorite style and do a sort of Shaker/Colonial setup. (The underlying concepts are similar enough, I think.) When I've the time and money to replace hardware, I might go to this place.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Blogroll Me!