.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

New England Photos

A photo essay of life,sights and history in New England. Including some of the lesser known things and some of the down-right obscure. A new photo added every one to two days. Click on the photos to see a larger picture. There are more pictures in the archive.

Google

Monday, June 11, 2007

VIOLETS



I believe these are wild violets. I took this photo in the woods near a river. I was reading about "Wild Violets" and from the sound of them they sound like one step above poison ivy. I guess they are nice in the woods but have a habit of taking over your lawn. So, enjoy the photos or in the woods but keep them away from your lawn.

Labels: ,

VIOLETS

2 Comments:

At 9:32 PM, Blogger Nikon said...

Very nice photos.

 
At 4:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I grew up in Stratford, CT and there were violets, both white and blue growing everywhere, in everyones back yards. We used to pick them by the ton to put in our hair or in a vase. And to lay down on them was a beautiful experience. I would give anything to have some now. We also picked fresh blackberrys, rasberrys, blueberries, apples, rubarb strawberries, and one neighbor had a very large Bing cherry tree that had the sweetest and largest cherries you ever saw. I'm 70 now and didn't realize when my mother would make homemade pies from our pickings, just how lucky we were. And they were all FRee.
Janet

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Blogroll Me!