.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

New England Photos

A photo essay of life,sights and history in New England. Including some of the lesser known things and some of the down-right obscure. A new photo added every one to two days. Click on the photos to see a larger picture. There are more pictures in the archive.

Google

Friday, June 01, 2007

GENERAL HENRY KNOX MONUMENT



On the way back from "Chester on Track" I zigged when I should of zagged and got lost, or I guess you can say."Found another way home". I think I was in Russell MA when I came upon this monument to General Henry Knox. Gen. Knox carried by Oxen, 50 cannon from Fort Ticonderoga to Boston. Evidently, he passed through this area and this monument was erected in 1927, just over 150 years from when he was there. He set the cannon up in the Dorchester Heights area of Boston. The British General Howe realized that his troops were in danger of an American bombardment left Boston.

Info:Historical Valley Forge

Labels: ,

GENERAL HENRY KNOX MONUMENT

1 Comments:

At 6:45 AM, Anonymous Internet Betting Poker said...

Today I read on this question much.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Blogroll Me!