.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

New England Photos

A photo essay of life,sights and history in New England. Including some of the lesser known things and some of the down-right obscure. A new photo added every one to two days. Click on the photos to see a larger picture. There are more pictures in the archive.

Google

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

SPITTLE BUGS

Now for something different. Did you ever wonder what the stuff on plant was that looks like, well, spit. It is a protective foam of a Spittle Bug. I was looking for something to photograph yesterday and came upon some plants with this foam on them. I knew what is was, but to tell the truth I don't know if I had ever seen a Spittle Bug, so without further ado, ladies and gentleman I give you the Spittle Bug.

Spittle Bug Foam

Another look at Mr. Spittle Bug actually there are two.

Labels: ,

SPITTLE BUGS

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Blogroll Me!