.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

New England Photos

A photo essay of life,sights and history in New England. Including some of the lesser known things and some of the down-right obscure. A new photo added every one to two days. Click on the photos to see a larger picture. There are more pictures in the archive.

Google

Monday, May 28, 2007

MEMORIAL DAY 2007

Blandford, MA - I took a drive today to see what I could find to photograph. I ended up driving through Blandford and noticed the Historical Society building was open and people were gathering for a parade and speeches. Unfortunately, I brought my dogs with me and it was too hot to sit in the truck so I didn't want to stay for those events.

I did get some photos from inside the Historical Society. The things inside consisted mostly of war artifacts, uniforms, discharge papers, and other war related items. I find it both interesting and sad at the same time that history is mostly related to war.

There was also things made by local craftsman spanning the last two centuries.




Labels: ,

MEMORIAL DAY 2007

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Blogroll Me!