.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

New England Photos

A photo essay of life,sights and history in New England. Including some of the lesser known things and some of the down-right obscure. A new photo added every one to two days. Click on the photos to see a larger picture. There are more pictures in the archive.

Google

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

ROLL OUT THE RED CARPET

 
Collinsville, CT - This is something you don't see every day. A carpet painted on the entrance to a store, watch out it is rolling up in the corner, don't trip. Unfortunately, someone put a rubber mat on top of it; it must get slippery when wet.


As the Stone Turns
Well it looks like the bleeding has started again, I have to call the doctor today and see if I have to go back for treatment or get re-admitted to the hospital. If any of my British readers read this, answer me a question. Why do you say, “Go to hospital” instead of, “Go to the hospital”? This has always intrigued me.

Stay tuned to the next exciting, not for me, adventure of As the Stone Turns Posted by Picasa

ROLL OUT THE RED CARPET

6 Comments:

At 4:22 PM, Blogger fin said...

I love the painted carpet!

 
At 7:30 PM, Blogger sonia a. mascaro said...

I wish you will be better soon!

 
At 12:37 PM, Blogger Miladysa said...

Great photograph and I have never seen a painted carpet before :)

 
At 3:57 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

OH MY GOSH--You are not going to believe this, but, as a writing teacher, I was JUST going to ask Miladysa that same question!! Why doesn't she say 'the' hospital? Why omit the 'the'? Or, more accurately, since we're a younger country than theirs, why did we ADD the 'the'?

Excellent question!

p.s. I love the fact that the carpet was painted with the corner flipped up!!

I love your site. Want to exchange links?

 
At 12:30 AM, Blogger NJX70 said...

I believe I know the guy who painted the faux carpet. I was in the theater department at Fairfield and the woman in charge of construction used to talk about a man who did some of the best faux work in the country being local in CT. I bet it's the same guy. According to her, he painted his whole house with faux stuff like salt and pepper shakers on the table that you would reach for if you didn't know it was fake and a bird cage with birds in it that would sing if you stepped on the right board. I never actually got a chance to meet him, but I heard stories and saw pictures about every week.

 
At 6:25 AM, Blogger Bill said...

Thanks Isaac, next time I am in Collinsville I will do some research.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Blogroll Me!