.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

New England Photos

A photo essay of life,sights and history in New England. Including some of the lesser known things and some of the down-right obscure. A new photo added every one to two days. Click on the photos to see a larger picture. There are more pictures in the archive.

Google

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

DOG WEIGHT PULLING

 
Winsted, CT – I drove by the Tractor Supply Company’s parking lot and noticed a bunch of dogs. I dropped my wife off up the street to do a few errands and told her I just wanted to take a few QUICK photos and I would be right back; well you know how that goes. I found out it was a dog weight pulling contest. I just had a few minutes so I took these photos. I think this was the heavy weight class, by the time I got there they were down to two dogs, a Malamute Husky and a St. Bernard. I would have loved to stay but had to go. When I left the dogs were pulling 2950 lbs. what looked about 10 ft. The handlers would get in front of the dogs, sometimes getting on their knees, and urge them on very loudly. To everyone that thinks this is cruel, the dogs seemed anxious to pull and looked like they really wanted to pull. I was reading up on this and dogs of all weights can compete. Posted by Picasa

DOG WEIGHT PULLING

1 Comments:

At 11:14 PM, Blogger Peter Porcupine said...

Amazing! I've seen that with HORSES, but DOGS?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Blogroll Me!