.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

New England Photos

A photo essay of life,sights and history in New England. Including some of the lesser known things and some of the down-right obscure. A new photo added every one to two days. Click on the photos to see a larger picture. There are more pictures in the archive.

Google

Friday, May 20, 2005

WOOD’S PIT BBQ AND MEXICAN CAFÉ


Bantam, CT - This is a metal sculpture of Woodrow the Pig above Wood's BBQ. I thought it was a cool sign. The food is excellent especially the ribs and pulled pork...yum!
 Posted by Hello

WOOD’S PIT BBQ AND MEXICAN CAFÉ

7 Comments:

At 10:36 AM, Blogger PaintingChef said...

Pit BBQ and Mexican...now THAT is an odd combination of two of my favorite foods. Interesting...

Found you on BlogExplosion!

 
At 11:07 AM, Blogger Bill said...

Thanks for stopping by. I don't think the combo is that strange. All the food has that southwestern flair. Maybe living in New England, I just don't know any better. But, no matter where you are from, you would love the food. I've traveled the country enough to know.

 
At 11:10 AM, Blogger Bill said...

Did I contradict myself? I meant the combo did not seem odd to me.

 
At 5:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've not had the luxury of good BBQ since I moved to San Francisco from the Midwest. This is one of the things I miss most.

 
At 10:48 PM, Blogger David said...

Never been to New England but it's on my list of places to visit. Nice Blog.. Came here after you posted a comment on my blog. David

 
At 11:01 PM, Blogger Bill said...

David - I've never had BBQ from the midwest. Wood's makes some good St. Louis ribs,if they are the same or better in St. Louis area, I know what you are missing.

David K - Thanks for stopping by my blog.

 
At 12:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

omg..the perfect restraunt! My husband loves BBQ and I love Mexican. I live in Florida (and noticed that you have to), everyone from up North tells me we have "weird" BBQ. They say that our sauce is red and real (or their opinion of real) BBQ sauce is clear.

ps - Thanks for visiting my blog!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Blogroll Me!