.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

New England Photos

A photo essay of life,sights and history in New England. Including some of the lesser known things and some of the down-right obscure. A new photo added every one to two days. Click on the photos to see a larger picture. There are more pictures in the archive.

Google

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

BLACK BEAR


Tolland, MA - I was driving down a dirt road yesterday and saw this bear. I stopped my truck and frantically grabbed my camera (which was in my coat pocket in the passenger seat) and quickly snapped the picture. Bear sightings are not that common unless you have a bird feeder in your back yard. Ironically, this was my second bear sighting in a week. The other bear ran into the bushes before I got a clear shot of him. These photos are doubly hard because I have two barking dogs in the back of the truck.
 Posted by Hello

BLACK BEAR

3 Comments:

At 5:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW!!...thats an amazing capture...

a bear!! so how come no macro shots of it?? heheh

-Mark
http://www.markmyshots.com

 
At 8:31 PM, Blogger Bill said...

Anonymous - Since the bear is all black I could focus with the macro lense LOL

Janet - I was talking to one guy in town and he actually backed into a bear while gardening. I was talking to two guys today and both had bears in their bird feeders the last few days.

 
At 9:23 AM, Blogger Gel said...

WOW!IT's times like this that I bet you were elated to have your camera! SUPER!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Blogroll Me!