.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

New England Photos

A photo essay of life,sights and history in New England. Including some of the lesser known things and some of the down-right obscure. A new photo added every one to two days. Click on the photos to see a larger picture. There are more pictures in the archive.

Google

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Colorful Fall Farm Stand


Vermont - We took a trip up to Bennington VT and on the way back we stopped at this colorful farm stand. I was told every year is they spell out VERMONT in pumpkins.


Here is a white pumpkin, I hear that last year the sold so well that this year they planted extras and they are selling very well.


Another standard item is this display.


A rack of large ears of Indian Corn.


Colorful gourds; my wife picked up some of these for our house.


A big line of pumpkins; the pumpkins were lined up by size.


They also had piles of squash, this is a striped variety of acorn squash(sorry I forget the name).

A display of small ears of Indian Corn.

Labels: ,

Colorful Fall Farm Stand

1 Comments:

At 8:17 AM, Blogger A New England Girl said...

I LOVE this farm stand... it's only a 25 minute drive from my house. We make it a point to visit every autumn. The family is so kind and such a joy to speak to. I love their set up (pumpkins by size/price) and all the delicious cheeses and spreads that they have inside the barn. Thanks for highlighting this! I was wondering just yesterday if they would have white pumpkins....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Blogroll Me!