.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

New England Photos

A photo essay of life,sights and history in New England. Including some of the lesser known things and some of the down-right obscure. A new photo added every one to two days. Click on the photos to see a larger picture. There are more pictures in the archive.

Google

Monday, November 09, 2009

Allie's Donuts

North Kingstown, RI - I somewhere this week, it might have been Yahoo, that one of the top donut shops in the country was Allie's Donuts in North Kingstown, Rhode Island. I was planning on going to RI anyway so I made sure I stopped there. This photo is deceiving, all the cars are in the large parking lot to the right.



When I walked in there was a line to order, now this was about noon, I would expect a line earlier in the morning. This place must pump out a ton of donuts.



This is the donut case to choose from. My apologies to the worker that I caught as she walked into the shot. With this many people waiting for the delicious donuts I did not dare hold up the line for another photo.



Another thing they do here is make "Donut Cakes". They come in different shapes, this one is a car, I did see others that were shaped like BIG donuts.



If you are in the area, be sure to stop in and sample some of these delicious donuts. I had a glazed which was fresh and and soft, just like a good glazed donut should be. Also, I had cinnamon donut which had just enough crispness on the outside and was dusted with cinnamon mixed with powdered sugar.

Allie's is located at 3661 Quaker Lane in North Kingstown, RI.
You must call ahead to order cakes, 401-295-8036.

Labels: , ,

Allie's Donuts

1 Comments:

At 10:59 AM, Blogger A New England Life said...

Your just traveling everywhere Bill!

I sure wish I lived nearby so I could have one of those donuts. They look delicious!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Blogroll Me!