.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

New England Photos

A photo essay of life,sights and history in New England. Including some of the lesser known things and some of the down-right obscure. A new photo added every one to two days. Click on the photos to see a larger picture. There are more pictures in the archive.

Google

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Grandpa's Homemade Apple Sauce

Waterbury, VT - I was driving through Waterbury Vermont looking for interesting things to take a photo of and I saw a red sign that said, "Applesauce" with an arrow. The sign was just past Ben and Jerry's factory, everyone and his brother that has been in Waterbury has stopped there, but I thought, not many people have gone to wherever, "Applesauce" was.


I followed the red Applesauce signs and came to this sign,Owl's Head Orchard.

>

I went up the driveway and came to this "Stand". A tub with a honor jar to put your money. I grabbed a jar and put my money in the money jar and went back down the drive taking a few photos on the way down(it was raining so you may see a few spots on the lens.

A short time later I sample some of the sauce and found it very good. I was a little surprised with the flavor, without preservatives the color was dark so I expected spices. The ingredients:Apples, and as my Uncle would say, "Nobody else in there". So if you are in Waterbury, VT, take a slight detour to the Owl's Head Orchard and buy a jar of Real Vermont Applesauce to take home..I did. I do have one question, is this Grandpa's recipe or a photo of Grandpa when he was young?

Owl's Head Orchard 2848 Perry Hill Road Waterbury, VT

Labels: , , ,

Grandpa's Homemade Apple Sauce

2 Comments:

At 9:53 PM, Blogger A New England Girl said...

How neat! I love the honor system, but I love people who follow it even more. This post brought a smile to my face. :)

 
At 12:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We just went apple picking at the owl head apple orchard and the kids had a blast. I will continue to go there every year.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Blogroll Me!