.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

New England Photos

A photo essay of life,sights and history in New England. Including some of the lesser known things and some of the down-right obscure. A new photo added every one to two days. Click on the photos to see a larger picture. There are more pictures in the archive.

Google

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Woodpecker Hole

Here is a hole made by a woodpecker. Judging by the other holes this must be a favorite tree. The only question I have is. "Why did he peck so deep into solid wood?

Woodpecker Hole

3 Comments:

At 9:04 AM, Blogger Gothelittle Rose said...

We spotted a pileated woodpecker near my home in SE Connecticut. We watched it in awe for a moment, and then my son, 4 years old at the time, solemnly said, "It eats squirrels."

 
At 2:31 AM, Blogger TOMAS said...

This shot talks. Wow, I was sat back in awe towards the wood's heart that looks at us from your amazing photo. It looks like the magic eye and makes me speechless - the shot as comforts, as inspires. Thank you

 
At 2:51 PM, Blogger alex said...

I had a large woodpecker working on a tree outside of my window for a while... then I'd hear this crazy squawking in the mornings and i realized it was the woodpecker inside the hole he that he pecked! I didn't know that they could live in the hole after, did you?? (the tree is rotting so i'm sure he got some good bugs out of it too)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Blogroll Me!