.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

New England Photos

A photo essay of life,sights and history in New England. Including some of the lesser known things and some of the down-right obscure. A new photo added every one to two days. Click on the photos to see a larger picture. There are more pictures in the archive.

Google

Thursday, July 05, 2007

GRANVILLE FOURTH OF JULY PARADE - PART 2

Granville MA - Fourth of July Parade 2007


Cart Man ...Peace Man.


Here is a clown with a mentally challanged woman; I think it made her day.


These dogs were in the parade.


I don't know the story behind this woman in the wheel chair but she was at the head of the parade.


Here are some guys from the Granville-Tolland Lions Club cooking up chicken; they were smokin.

Labels: ,

GRANVILLE FOURTH OF JULY PARADE - PART 2

2 Comments:

At 5:48 PM, Blogger Outhouse Capital of Canada said...

I like the outhouse in the parade, I should build one for our parade in Oliver.
I am on a shriners float in the local parades, Ours is the Oriental Band, we all dress up like arabs and have drums and cymbals. I have just posted a picture of our parade float on my blog

 
At 6:10 PM, Blogger Steve Patterson said...

Hey, I'm guessing (with only the back of her head to go by) that the woman in the wheelchair at the head of the parade is one of Granville's oldest residents, and one of the oldest descendants of the town's original families: Margaret Pratt. My goodness, she is a local legend! She lives on Water Street in a beautiful old green Dutch colonial, one of the earliest homes in the area. I recognized her all the way from California!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Blogroll Me!