.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

New England Photos

A photo essay of life,sights and history in New England. Including some of the lesser known things and some of the down-right obscure. A new photo added every one to two days. Click on the photos to see a larger picture. There are more pictures in the archive.

Google

Friday, June 15, 2007

Lourdes Grotto Replica


Stockbridge MA - National Shrine of the Divine Mercy - This is a replica of the Lourdes Grotto where Bernadette Soubirous sees the Apparition of the Virgin Mary in 1858.






A statue of Bernadette Soubirous. I noticed that people left a lot of rosary beads around. The rosary beads looked like plastic bead that you would not mind throwing away. I wonder if they sell them in the gift shop there?

Labels: ,

Lourdes Grotto Replica

1 Comments:

At 1:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad I found your blog. First the post on tomatoes, then on Bernadette Soubirous.

My name is Jeanne marie, and I was almost named Bernadette. Father wanted B and mother said Jeanne Marie was more appropriate.

I love the story of St. Bernadette. I recall vividly the movie with Jennifer Jones.

I miss visiting La Salette Shrine in Attleboro (south?) MA...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Blogroll Me!