.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

New England Photos

A photo essay of life,sights and history in New England. Including some of the lesser known things and some of the down-right obscure. A new photo added every one to two days. Click on the photos to see a larger picture. There are more pictures in the archive.

Google

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

SUBMARINE ON THE THAMES

 
Groton, CT - While on my "roadtrip" I went to Groton along the Thames (rhymes with James) River. I went near the submarine base but did not take any photos. After 9/11 the Navy gets a little touchy about that. I wanted to take a photo of the gun ship patroling in front of the base but I thought best of that too. BUT, while driving up the road some I did see this submarine being guided back to the base by a tugboat. A ways back from the sub was a coast guard cutter which I suppose was protecting the sub also. Sorry about the tree, I had to take the photo quickly. Posted by Picasa

SUBMARINE ON THE THAMES

2 Comments:

At 10:32 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I actually like the tree, if only because it makes your efforts to take this picture seem like a covert operation. I guess, after reading your caption, this was a kind of covert picture-taking operation!

 
At 10:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Was driving along Military Hghway the other day and was lucky enough to see a sub heading toward the base on the Thames. Always impresses me and I am not the only one as evidenced by the slowing down of traffic along the road.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Blogroll Me!