.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

New England Photos

A photo essay of life,sights and history in New England. Including some of the lesser known things and some of the down-right obscure. A new photo added every one to two days. Click on the photos to see a larger picture. There are more pictures in the archive.

Google

Monday, December 07, 2009

E.M. Smith Pottery

Cummington, MA - The boys and I took a trip to Cummington yesterday. Along the road I saw a sign for a pottery sale, so I followed the signs to E.M.Smith Pottery. Outside the building is kind of nondescript...


but inside was all these wonderful pottery. There was quite a variety of items, Teapots, Candlesticks, Platters, Oval Bakers, Casseroles, Salt Shakers, Mugs, Storage Jars, and Vases.


Along the wall were some mugs of which I bought one of, the shape fits nicely in your hand; less accidents.


The pottery wheel is in the corner during the sale. I was told that the studio looks quite differently when he is working.



The pottery is currently fired in an electric kiln but outside his studio are bricks in which he is going to build a wood fired kiln for a more traditional firing.

You can contact E.M.(I forgot to ask his name..sorry)at (413)634-5751 or
smithe73@hotmail.com the studio is located at 156 Nash Road, Cummington, MA 01026 I think you would want to call ahead.

Labels: , , ,

E.M. Smith Pottery

2 Comments:

At 12:49 PM, Blogger A New England Girl said...

Those pieces are gorgeous. I only drive through Cummington on Rte 9 when I'm headed home from Ludlow. I don't know if I could easily find this spot, but the next time I'm heading through, I'm going to google some directions. I'd love to snap up some of their pieces. :)

 
At 9:49 AM, Blogger DollZandThingZ said...

My husband and I went to Cummington on Monday, too! We ate lunch at the Creamery. We had been shopping in Northampton. Wish we had stopped at the pottery sale.

We live in CT. We seem to travel to the same places. I took a lot of photos of of Moosefest--Robo was my favorite.

We are Yankees who are weekend travelers throughout New England.

Cheers from CT!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Blogroll Me!