.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

New England Photos

A photo essay of life,sights and history in New England. Including some of the lesser known things and some of the down-right obscure. A new photo added every one to two days. Click on the photos to see a larger picture. There are more pictures in the archive.

Google

Monday, October 19, 2009

Ollie the Camel


Ferrisburgh, VT - I was driving down the Rt.7 in Vermont last time I was there and caught an unusual sight out of the corner of my eye, Ollie the Bactrain Camel. I have seen the usual Dromedary Camel, one hump, but never the Bactrain Camel, two hump, and never on a sheep farm in Vermont. Ollie resides on the Round Barn Merino Sheep Farm in Ferrisburgh Vermont. So if you are traveling through Ferrisburgh VT, keep your eyes open for Ollie the Camel.

Labels: , ,

Ollie the Camel

7 Comments:

At 7:18 AM, Blogger Helen said...

He's a pretty social dude and likes apples~
:)
Peace...............

 
At 8:13 AM, Blogger A New England Life said...

Ha haa! That's a sight alright! Wonder what he thinks of the winter in these parts?

Great find!

 
At 7:23 PM, Blogger jon said...

I know Ollie. He lives near that beat up round barn.
I haven't seen him for a couple of years. I moved south. I actually have a picture of Ollie somewhere.

 
At 6:35 AM, Anonymous millhill said...

Yes, that is an unusual sight!

 
At 2:50 PM, Blogger Kevin Leland said...

I used to train this camel. He and his flock of sheep are not taken care of very well by the owner, Judith Giusto. Farming is just a front for her corporate spying gig, so she doesn't invest a lot into it as can be seen by the shape her property is in. I've got a blog dedicated to the whole story: http://judithgiustovskevinleland.blogspot.com/2011/03/judith-giusto-animal-abuse-accusations.html

Great Pictures!

 
At 12:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My husband and I were travelimg down Rt 7 and I saw the two humped camel...I yeleed for my husband to stop. But he said he thought I was seeing things; and refused. He thought I must be drunk!! Thanks for proving him wrong.

 
At 10:54 PM, Anonymous Ryan D said...

Nice bblog

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Blogroll Me!