.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

New England Photos

A photo essay of life,sights and history in New England. Including some of the lesser known things and some of the down-right obscure. A new photo added every one to two days. Click on the photos to see a larger picture. There are more pictures in the archive.

Google

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Moonstone Beach



South Kingstone, RI - As you can see it is covered with these small stones. My family used to camp in Rhode Island during the 1970's and remember this used to be a nudist beach. But it no longer is(read Moonstone Beach the Naked Truth)for the complete story. The beach appears to be closed due to being a nesting ground for the Least Tern and Piping Plover. Also, genital exposure is illegal in Rhode Island.


A closeup of the stones.

Labels: , ,

Moonstone Beach

4 Comments:

At 7:23 PM, Anonymous Becki said...

Hi Bill. Love your site! I had a question about Moonstone beach. I want to visit there, just to collect some of the stones. I know it is closed as a beach, and esp as a nude beach. But how do I get there? Can I visit it to take a walk on like, like you seemed to do? Thanks for the help!

 
At 7:48 PM, Blogger Bill said...

Hi Becki - Here is a link that might help you. FYI the beach is closed in summer.

http://www.fws.gov/refuges/profiles/index.cfm?id=53545

Hope this helps

Bill

 
At 12:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YOu can get these stones on Mary or roy carpenters beach in Matunuck. Lovely! PLEASE GET RID OF THE CAPTCHA... AWFUL!

 
At 9:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My wife and I stumbled upon this beach in August 1984. I was 27, she was 26 and absolutely beautiful in a Christy Brinkley “ peaches and cream” way. We were from the Atlanta area and I was in an insurance school training school in Hartford. She had traveled up to visit and we at random headed to the coast. We were bery surprised to come up on Moonstone - it shared a beach with a State Park beach and when you walked down the beach at a certain point you crossed over to the nude beach. In 1984, I can vouch there were a wide variety of people on that beach in every age and size, very attractive and otherwise. We decided to join in in spite of our normal conservative nature. It was exciting and led to some real “togetherness “ when we got back to my room in Hartford. Would love pictures, but this wasn’t the cell phone days. My wife drew a crowd, but we just ignored them still knowing they were there to get an eyeful. Fond memories!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Blogroll Me!