.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

New England Photos

A photo essay of life,sights and history in New England. Including some of the lesser known things and some of the down-right obscure. A new photo added every one to two days. Click on the photos to see a larger picture. There are more pictures in the archive.

Google

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Francis L. Sheane Memorial

Cornwall Bridge, CT - Along the Housatonic River I found this memorial to Francis L. Sheane erected in 1948. I could not find anything on this person but from the plaque I take it he was an ecological pioneer.



A close-up of the plaque.

Labels: , , ,

Francis L. Sheane Memorial

1 Comments:

At 3:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just saw this memorial myself. After a little research I found that he was Chairman of the State Board of Fisheries and Game in 1945.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Blogroll Me!