.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

New England Photos

A photo essay of life,sights and history in New England. Including some of the lesser known things and some of the down-right obscure. A new photo added every one to two days. Click on the photos to see a larger picture. There are more pictures in the archive.

Google

Sunday, March 08, 2009

Smokin' Barbeque

West Cornwall, CT - I stopped here a few weeks ago by myself and stopped again yesterday with my wife. I had the Baby Back Ribs each time and was not disappointed. The building is set back off the road behind the converted train station (for people of my vintage it is in the old Mother's Cafe). It is run by two people from down south were they know real barbeque, Texas and Mississippi. At this time of year they are on Winter hours Friday, Saturday and Sunday (call ahead to check 860-248-3127). Note: CASH ONLY. This is a great destination, the ride here is beautiful, and just a hop skip and jump from Mohawk Mountain Ski area and just up from the covered bridge.




This is my half rack of baby back ribs in the silver container is Dangerous Dan's Sauce, there is more on the table. It can also be bought by the bottle. The fries were very crispy and in the short mason jar is ketchup to spoon on your fries.



On a table is this container labeled Dan's Hot Sauce. You can put it on your food or if you have bugs at home I hear it will kill roaches :-) (I was told it really not that hot).

Labels: , ,

Smokin' Barbeque

1 Comments:

At 12:34 PM, Blogger Alyson | New England Living said...

I only live about 15 miles or so from Cornwall and haven't been to this restaurant. I must try it out!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Blogroll Me!