.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

New England Photos

A photo essay of life,sights and history in New England. Including some of the lesser known things and some of the down-right obscure. A new photo added every one to two days. Click on the photos to see a larger picture. There are more pictures in the archive.

Google

Saturday, April 12, 2008

MRS. MURPHY'S DONUTS

Southwick, MA - Mrs, Murphy's is an institution in Southwick Massachusetts. I went there on Saturday morning and the place was hopping.


This is the front of the building, well kind of the side but there were too many cars coming in and out for me to safely stand in front.

Here are three of the workers mugging it up for the camera.


I'm afraid I didn't ask but I think this is Mrs. Murphy(?)standing in front of the pastry case; yes they have a lot more than donuts. On the menu is soup, sandwiches, salads, and egg sandwiches(served all day). The also have espresso drinks just walk in and ask one of the baristas/donut dames to serve you up a cup.


I couldn't leave without trying something so I ordered up an eclair. I was not disappointed, the eclair was approximately 7.5 inches long, filled with a smooth custard and topped with a thick chocolaty frosting. WARNING:Eat with plenty of napkins, it is just bursting with goodness. It took two napkins to clean the frosting and custard off my face. I give it four forks and two thumbs up. In the past I have had their donuts and they are fantastic, not those tiny ones they serve at Krispy Kreme.

Labels: ,

MRS. MURPHY'S DONUTS

1 Comments:

At 12:17 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Why do I have to be in Seattle and away from Mrs Murphy's delicious long johns and honeydew donuts :(

I pine for them...

(new main moon as well)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Blogroll Me!