.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

New England Photos

A photo essay of life,sights and history in New England. Including some of the lesser known things and some of the down-right obscure. A new photo added every one to two days. Click on the photos to see a larger picture. There are more pictures in the archive.

Google

Tuesday, January 08, 2008

RIVERTON GENERAL STORE - PART I


Riverton, CT - I went to Riverton last week to see what was going on. Many things have changed since Hitchcock Chair Company closed. The general store is quite different than when I went there last.



At least the front of the store looks the same with the chain of signs.


The inside has been completely changed; before it was filled with memorabilia. Now, it has been modernized with a new deli case. I think I better get around to the old general stores before they all get modernized. Unfortunately, to stay in business they need to do that.

More photos of the Riverton Store tomorrow.

Labels: ,

RIVERTON GENERAL STORE - PART I

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Blogroll Me!