.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

New England Photos

A photo essay of life,sights and history in New England. Including some of the lesser known things and some of the down-right obscure. A new photo added every one to two days. Click on the photos to see a larger picture. There are more pictures in the archive.

Google

Saturday, September 01, 2007

CHARLES W. MORGAN WHALING SHIP

Mystic Seaport - Mystic CT - Here are some photos of the whaling ship at Mystic Seaport, mostly below deck. It is a good example of living quarters and the contrast between Captain and Crew.

(I will be off to Maine this weekend so I don't think I will be able to post until Tuesday but hope to have some interesting photos when I return. I am in desperate need of some fresh photos to post)



Guest Quarters, this cabin was on deck.


Captain's quarters, would you call it the Captain's Salon?


The Captain also gets a private head.


The Captain's Bed, notice the bed is hung on the head and foot boards so the bed stays level.


This is the crew's quarters, as you can see lacking a few luxuries the Captain has.

Labels: , ,

CHARLES W. MORGAN WHALING SHIP

3 Comments:

At 1:00 AM, Blogger Outhouse Capital of Canada said...

You know, I had never heard of the Mystic until recently. There is a pop song about the Mystic and sailing, I wonder if it is a folksong that has been rehashed.

 
At 4:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow... after I've seen those pics it made me realize that their places that are good.

http://vongadgets.blogspot.com/

 
At 4:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The last time I saw the Charles W Morgan was over 25 years ago. I enjoyed being onbooard that ship so much. Fantastic history. I was looking for photos I'd taken and could not find them. So I searched the Internet and found your site. Thanks so much for your photos - I can now visit the Morgan whenever I want. Great photos! I hope to get out and see the real Morgan again soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Blogroll Me!