.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

New England Photos

A photo essay of life,sights and history in New England. Including some of the lesser known things and some of the down-right obscure. A new photo added every one to two days. Click on the photos to see a larger picture. There are more pictures in the archive.

Google

Friday, December 15, 2006

CHRISTMAS CANDLES


Newport, RI - This old colonial house is all ready for Christmas with the candles in the windows. I prefer this understated look myself. Flashing colored lights surronding the house is not my style.

Labels: , ,

CHRISTMAS CANDLES

5 Comments:

At 6:14 AM, Blogger Helen said...

"I prefer this understated look myself. "
I agree with you. This is a very classy look and it's hard to do the flash/color thing and not look too cheesy. Some people manage it and I salute them but many don't. Then again, some do it for fun or children so I suppose it's serving another purpose.
Mas Paz...............

 
At 8:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a gorgeous house. This time of year is my favorite to visit Newport.

 
At 6:34 PM, Blogger Marion said...

How beautiful and classic. I have always wanted candles in the window; my dogs would make short work of those, however!

 
At 7:31 PM, Blogger Outhouse Capital of Canada said...

you are right, the candles do look better than outside lights. Are they real candles and if so, that could be a fire risk

 
At 9:59 PM, Blogger Bill said...

Thanks everyone for leaving a comment. These are either electric or battery powered "Candles".

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Blogroll Me!