.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

New England Photos

A photo essay of life,sights and history in New England. Including some of the lesser known things and some of the down-right obscure. A new photo added every one to two days. Click on the photos to see a larger picture. There are more pictures in the archive.

Google

Saturday, November 11, 2006

VETERAN'S TRIBUTE

I decided to post some of my photos, one from each war. I don't think I have anything from the Korean War, I guess they don't call it the "Forgotten War" for nothing.

Vietnam Monument - Winsted, CT



Iwo Jima Monument - Newington, CT



WW I Doughboy - Hopkinton, MA



Civil War Soldier - Brooklyn, CT



Revolutionary War Soldiers - New Haven, CT

Labels: , , , , , ,

VETERAN'S TRIBUTE

2 Comments:

At 12:11 AM, Blogger Louisiana said...

i have been quite shocked actually, that not to many blogs have had any type of mention of the US commemoration of the veterans..tomorrow, the 11 is Canada's turn.

i thank you for posting something for all the man/woman who lost their lives for the good of mankind.

 
At 10:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bill some outstanding photos. I have a question. do you have the street addresses for the doughboy photo in hopkinton and the revolutionary war memorial photo in New Haven. as a retired vet, I'd really like to go there myself. you could sent the addresses to matarheel@yahoo.com thanks in advance for any help Ken

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Blogroll Me!