.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

New England Photos

A photo essay of life,sights and history in New England. Including some of the lesser known things and some of the down-right obscure. A new photo added every one to two days. Click on the photos to see a larger picture. There are more pictures in the archive.

Google

Monday, November 13, 2006

I WANT CANDY - PORTSMOUTH NH

Portsmouth, NH - "I want Candy" - My wife and I took a road trip up to Portsmouth this Saturday and this is one of the places I stopped. This candy shop looked very interesting from the outside and even more inside. I'm not sure how long it has been open, earlier in the year I think, but it is off the beaten path so I hope it makes it throught the winter with less tourists in town.



As you walk in the door you are greeted with this whiteboard with candy trivia on it.



This is one of the rooms with all kinds of candy.



Here is another room full of candy. They even have a lot of imported candy, I've seen on other peoples blogs they are always looking for candy from home or a candy they had when they were on a trip. So if you are in the area stop in, I Want Candy is located on Chapel Street in downtown Portsmouth, NH. For information, call 603-373-8211, maybe they can hook you up with that hard to find candy.

One reader who went here said that they are CLOSED ON WEDNESDAY'S.

Labels: , ,

I WANT CANDY - PORTSMOUTH NH

3 Comments:

At 1:33 AM, Blogger Louisiana said...

i'm just coming online and see i missed today's post..i'm sorry..glad to have made it here to enjoy such a beautiful store..i have 5 kids..i know you can imagine how much they would love to take a trip to this store..it looks lovely.

 
At 8:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This sweet shop is the best, The women that runs it is super cheerful and friendly, she never makes you feel uncomfy for just looking. She has a shelf of British candies and cookies, perfect for My British Children, Every candy I remember as a child is there.Its quaint,its pretty and more fun to visit then the chain candy stores, plus the cute "candy themed" music they play on the outside and in draws you in! Dont miss it!

 
At 11:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our family made a special trip to visit this store, but didn't get in. :o( They are closed on Wednesdays.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Blogroll Me!