.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

New England Photos

A photo essay of life,sights and history in New England. Including some of the lesser known things and some of the down-right obscure. A new photo added every one to two days. Click on the photos to see a larger picture. There are more pictures in the archive.

Google

Thursday, June 22, 2006

OFF TO ALASKA FISHING

 
Yes, it is about that time of year when I take my annual pilgrimage to Alaska to visit my friend and get in some heavy duty fishing. This photo is my friend Dan packing out our catch of the day. Believe me; you don't want to carry 50 or 60 pounds of fish on a rope for any distance, especially having to carry your gear also. A long raincoat is a must unless you like fish blood and slime down your back. Here is a safety tip...walk far ahead of the guy carrying the fish; the bears will grab him first!

I have photos cued up for my wife to post while I am gone.

See you around the 2nd of July.

Wish me luck! Posted by Picasa

OFF TO ALASKA FISHING

3 Comments:

At 8:57 PM, Blogger Helen said...

Have a wonderful trip and take lots of pics!
Peace.............

 
At 2:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I ALWAY THAOUGHT HE WAS BREAKING TRAIL.

DAN

 
At 2:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What Dan really meant to say:

I always thought he was breaking trail.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Blogroll Me!