.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

New England Photos

A photo essay of life,sights and history in New England. Including some of the lesser known things and some of the down-right obscure. A new photo added every one to two days. Click on the photos to see a larger picture. There are more pictures in the archive.

Google

Saturday, September 17, 2005

A FUNNY STORY...


A couple weeks ago I was walking with my dogs in the woods and I came upon this stump. It looked as if a bear had been pawing at it looking for grubs. A few minutes later I heard from the woods a thump and then a few minutes later another thump. Fresh in my mind is that stump and I am thinking...it might be a bear. So of course I walk towards the sound hoping to get a photo just in case it is a bear. My wife is always saying that my last photo I take will be a close-up of the bear's mouth just before he eats me. Anyway, I keep hearing a thump every few minutes but I don't see anything. Now as I am walking toward the sounds they sound closer and closer but I still don't see anything. I feel like Tom Hanks in Castaway on his first night on the island where he hears the thump every few minutes and yells out, "What is that?". In the morning he discovers that the sound is coconuts falling. Well...
 Posted by Picasa

A FUNNY STORY...

2 Comments:

At 11:08 PM, Blogger Success With Ruth said...

Your golden reminds me of my golden. My Nikki is a visiting therapy dog. They make wonderful companions. Nice blog,

Ruth,

 
At 9:01 AM, Blogger Bill said...

Sophie, my Golden, was bred to be a visiting therapy dog. The breeder we got her from bred the Goldens to have certain traits that would be good for visiting dogs.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Blogroll Me!