.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

New England Photos

A photo essay of life,sights and history in New England. Including some of the lesser known things and some of the down-right obscure. A new photo added every one to two days. Click on the photos to see a larger picture. There are more pictures in the archive.

Google

Saturday, July 09, 2005

PORCUPINE


I saw this porcupine on the side of the road and I thought it would be a good photo op; someone was following me too close to make a quick stop so I went on my way. I figured that by the time I turned around it would be gone. On my way back it was still there, so I stopped. I was able to get close and when I did I noticed that it looked like it had been hit by a car. I snapped a photo and if I had something in my possession to "dispatch" the animal I would have; I hate to see any animal suffer. I stopped by the police station in town but he wasn't there, thinking maybe he would know who to call, if he wouldn't do anything himself. I went by again and it was in the prone position so I figured it had died. This morning I went by and it was gone. I just hope someone killed it and threw it off the road; it was almost in someone's front yard so maybe he did something about it. I just wish I got this shot under better circumstances.
 Posted by Picasa

PORCUPINE

2 Comments:

At 10:37 AM, Blogger carrie said...

aw. so cute. poor thing.

 
At 5:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

:( :( :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Blogroll Me!