.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

New England Photos

A photo essay of life,sights and history in New England. Including some of the lesser known things and some of the down-right obscure. A new photo added every one to two days. Click on the photos to see a larger picture. There are more pictures in the archive.

Google

Saturday, April 02, 2005

WILD TURKEYS


Granville, MA - I finally got a picture of some turkeys. I've missed four opportunities this week when I saw a flock on the side of the road and as soon as I stopped my dogs, in the back of the truck, started barking and away they went. When the pilgrims came turkeys were plentiful. Due to land being cleared and over hunting, they were wiped out by 1851. Between 1972 and 1973, 37 wild turkeys were captured in upper New York State and let go in Massachusetts. Today the population exceeds 15,000. I will try to get a better shot later.
 Posted by Hello

WILD TURKEYS

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Blogroll Me!