.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

New England Photos

A photo essay of life,sights and history in New England. Including some of the lesser known things and some of the down-right obscure. A new photo added every one to two days. Click on the photos to see a larger picture. There are more pictures in the archive.

Google

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Birds

I took a photo of these birds in my backyard this week. Sorry for the quality I wasn't going to post them but I figured bad photos are better than no photos.


This guy is the reason I trotted out through the snow to take a photo. He is a Pileated Woodpecker, they are big, about the size of a crow. I don't see many of these in this area.


This is a Robin. It is said that they are the first sign of Spring; well this dispells that myth. It was 15 degrees when I took this photo; yesterday it was 7 below zero.

Labels:

Birds

1 Comments:

At 1:05 PM, Blogger Gothelittle Rose said...

My son saw a pileated woodpecker several months ago (SE Connecticut) He, being all of five years old, watched it in awe for a while and solemnly told me that it eats squirrels.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Blogroll Me!