.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

New England Photos

A photo essay of life,sights and history in New England. Including some of the lesser known things and some of the down-right obscure. A new photo added every one to two days. Click on the photos to see a larger picture. There are more pictures in the archive.

Google

Friday, March 07, 2008

CAPT. AMOS PALMER HOUSE


Stonington, CT - The Whistler family lived here at least for a while. Mr. Whistler was a great railroad builder. (I wrote about him when I posted about "Chester On Track"). And yes his wife was THE "Whistler's Mother".

I also notice on the Smithsonian website there was mention of this house having a fantastic garden which was not visible from my vantage point.

Labels: ,

CAPT. AMOS PALMER HOUSE

1 Comments:

At 5:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The lady in Whistlers Mother, is actually my great(not sure how many) grandmother.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Blogroll Me!