.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

New England Photos

A photo essay of life,sights and history in New England. Including some of the lesser known things and some of the down-right obscure. A new photo added every one to two days. Click on the photos to see a larger picture. There are more pictures in the archive.

Google

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

FRIENDSHIP BAPTIST CHURCH - HOLLAND MA


Holland, MA - I was driving to Holland MA to see what was happening there when I came upon this church. Most churches in this style are Congregational around here, but usually larger. It was a nice looking church and deservered a photo.

Labels: ,

FRIENDSHIP BAPTIST CHURCH - HOLLAND MA

3 Comments:

At 5:52 PM, Blogger Brian S said...

You are correct, as they are still like congregational - but as you mentioned most are larger. Well - cost most likely was the decision since they do have a large number of parishioners who attend this church, so much so that they now hold their Sunday worship at the High School Auditorium.

People come from the surrounding towns to attend this church gatherings.

 
At 2:02 PM, Blogger Megan Elizabeth said...

Actually, this church is in Brimfield, and is NOT the church that held its services at the high school. This is a very small congregation of MAYBE 40 in weekly attendance.

 
At 6:24 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Aww! this church is just up the road from my parents' place. Now in their 80's my dad and his brother have been involved in the up keep of this church over the years. My mom and dad are friends with Mr. Smith, a very friendly and sweet natured man who is a member at Friendship Baptist. Next time I go home,(I live in Seattle now)I will visit this church. Last time I was there, in my teens, it was Seventh Day Adventist. It is such a pretty little church.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Blogroll Me!