.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

New England Photos

A photo essay of life,sights and history in New England. Including some of the lesser known things and some of the down-right obscure. A new photo added every one to two days. Click on the photos to see a larger picture. There are more pictures in the archive.

Google

Saturday, July 23, 2005

SHEFFIELD POTTERY


Sheffield, MA - In the fall of 1943, Joseph and Marie Cowen, newly married, purchased a large farm near the Housatonic River. They raised cows, chickens, and sheep, and sold produce at their roadside farm stand. After seeing an article about pottery in a family magazine, Joe and Marie hauled a bucket of clay from the clay pit on their land to see if they could use this resource to make a living. From Marie's first cup and Joe's first saucer came the beginnings of the present-day Sheffield Pottery, Inc.


Info: www.sheffield-pottery.com
 Posted by Picasa

SHEFFIELD POTTERY

1 Comments:

At 9:55 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I believe it was in the 50's that my mother would take us to Sheffield Pottery. I now have the items she bought. They look like new. I was cleaning out a closet and found the items which prompted me to see if you are still in business. I Googled you and to my surprise I found you. What a happy memory.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Blogroll Me!