.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

New England Photos

A photo essay of life,sights and history in New England. Including some of the lesser known things and some of the down-right obscure. A new photo added every one to two days. Click on the photos to see a larger picture. There are more pictures in the archive.

Google

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

DAFFODIL FIELDS FOREVER


I wandered lonely as a cloud
That floats on high o'er vales and hills
When all at once I saw a crowd
A host of golden daffodils;
Beside the lake, beneath the trees,
Fluttering and dancing in the breeze...

...For oft when on my couch I lie
In vacant or pensive mood,
They flash upon that inward eye
Which is the bliss of solitude;
And then my heart with pleasure fills,
And dances with the daffodils.

William Wordsworth
1804
 Posted by Hello

DAFFODIL FIELDS FOREVER

2 Comments:

At 6:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bill, thanks for sharing those beautiful pictures. And that is one of my all time favorite poems. Today, as I was walking home from my yoga class, I stopped in a tiny park and got to gawk at some beautiful tulips.

Back when I lived in West Virginia, I lived in a house that was the coach house of an old mansion. On the hill next to our house, we were treated to an amazing surprise our first spring there. ALL around our house, and around the mansion, and up into the hills which circled around the house like a big bowl were MILLIONS of daffodils. It was one of the most amazing sights I remember ever seeing.

Thanks for jogging my memory. Enjoy...

 
At 7:32 PM, Blogger Bill said...

Thank you for stopping by...I'm glad you like them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Blogroll Me!