.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

New England Photos

A photo essay of life,sights and history in New England. Including some of the lesser known things and some of the down-right obscure. A new photo added every one to two days. Click on the photos to see a larger picture. There are more pictures in the archive.

Google

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

THE FRIENDLY BARBER SHOP


West Springfield, MA - I was walking around West Springfield looking for some interesting things to photograph and I saw this barber shop. It looks like it was there for years and other buildings were built around it. I just wonder what they mean by traditional and modern haircutting? With or without gel? That reminds me of a story. When I was in college I had the 70's long hair, well more of a bush than long. My parents were coming to visit me so I decided to get a haircut. My father always cut my hair so this was the first time I had been to a barber. The barber asked if I wanted it styled? Not knowing any better I said OK. Remember this was the 70's so I ended up with polyester hair, it was crisp. Well that did not last long, I never liked gel or spray. My thinking is if I need any of those things to keep my hair in place the barber did a bad job.

Labels: ,

THE FRIENDLY BARBER SHOP

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Blogroll Me!