.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

New England Photos

A photo essay of life,sights and history in New England. Including some of the lesser known things and some of the down-right obscure. A new photo added every one to two days. Click on the photos to see a larger picture. There are more pictures in the archive.

Google

Sunday, August 12, 2007

WE GOT YELLED AT!


Dogs on leashes NOW.

Today I was walking the dogs in Granville State Forest and we were stopped by the Forest Supervisor and I was told that because I did not have my dogs on a leash that I could be fined $50; luckily I was let off with a warning. I guess I have been lucky, I've been going there for six years and this it the first time I've seen him. First let me say I completely understand why, some people don't like dogs or they can knock someone over, etc. The reason I go to that forest with the dogs is hardly anyone uses it because they basically don't allow much of anything. They have signs posted that these following things are not allowed, No Swimming, NO PICNICKING, No Vehicles, No Camping, No Fires, and they don't plow the road in the winter, oh, and now I know that dogs have to be on a leash no longer than 10 feet and if they poop in the woods, you have to pick it up. This is not some park in town where many people frequent, it is way out in the woods down a dirt road. Oh well, I guess we won't be going there either.


Thatcher is very depressed.



Sophie was so upset she cried herself to sleep.

WE GOT YELLED AT!

2 Comments:

At 10:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never understood how important off-leash time is for dogs until I owned one. I feel bad for you. You should go back and see if you can get away with it.

 
At 7:57 PM, Blogger Bill said...

Rhea,

With my luck he would show up the second time in six years and I would be fined for EACH dog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Blogroll Me!