.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

New England Photos

A photo essay of life,sights and history in New England. Including some of the lesser known things and some of the down-right obscure. A new photo added every one to two days. Click on the photos to see a larger picture. There are more pictures in the archive.

Google

Friday, March 02, 2007

FARM COUNTRY SOUP

Southfield, MA - I was traveling through the Berkshires and was getting hungry and came upon this sign post. The bottom sign caught my attention; mmmmm soup. So I followed the signs found where this soup was located.




It is located behind an antique mall that was a former Buggy Whip Factory; oddly enough it is called the Buggy Whip Shops. So I walked up to the store front, a blackboard sign with soups written on it such as Tomato Stilton, Farmhouse Lentil, Apple Butternut Squash, and White Bean Provencal piqued my interest.




I walked in to find a self serve store where they had all these handmade soups in refrigerators. I was kind of disappointed, I did not need a quart of soup; they did have a microwave where I could have heated up some soup but being extreamly cheap I wasn't going to buy a whole quart, so I walked away hungry. I would like to go back there someday and maybe split a quart with my wife. They did sound like they would be very tasty, and they are even hand made.

If you want more info, (((click here)))


Labels: , , ,

FARM COUNTRY SOUP

3 Comments:

At 10:22 AM, Blogger Marion said...

I can feel how disappointed you were, when the soups were all sold the way they were.

I would follow any sign that promised soup...it is one of my favourite foods. And their soups sound fantastic...I think I will try to make a pot of Tomato Stilton. Mmmm...

 
At 3:08 AM, Blogger Outhouse Capital of Canada said...

I am not much into soup, but my wife would also have been disapointed, she is a soup nut.
and with that snow, it would have warmed you up.

 
At 12:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You made a HUGE mistake ! I urge you to return and try some soup. Each variety is pure ambrosia --- heavenly necter --- and worth a trip from Anywhere ! If you try it once, you'll be hooked for life.

My only regret was that that the there wasn't a soul there. (Just an "honor" basket with money in it). I would love to have met the soup-maker and asked a dozen questions --- (how such intriguing combinations have evolved, etc.). The quart I bought rode happily home to N.J., but didn't last long after arrival.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Blogroll Me!