.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

New England Photos

A photo essay of life,sights and history in New England. Including some of the lesser known things and some of the down-right obscure. A new photo added every one to two days. Click on the photos to see a larger picture. There are more pictures in the archive.

Google

Sunday, September 04, 2005

MYSTERY BERRIES


I saw this plant this morning and I took a photo thinking that I could look up what the berries were. Well, I give up. I'm usually pretty good with plant recognition but this one has me stumped. It still makes a good photo. Anyone know what this plant is? Posted by Picasa

MYSTERY BERRIES

3 Comments:

At 10:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heh...whatever it is, I have a sneaking suspicion that the berries are used for its protection. (if-ya-know-what-I-mean)

 
At 11:40 AM, Blogger Annie said...

Pretty berries.

Were they tasty??

 
At 6:51 AM, Blogger Janet said...

Judging from the leaves, these may be from a trillium. Failing that, and judging from the berries alone this could be the snakeberry plant, but the leaves aren't right. So I'm back to saying it could be a trillium. I'm going through your old postings, and enjoying the pictures.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Blogroll Me!