.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

New England Photos

A photo essay of life,sights and history in New England. Including some of the lesser known things and some of the down-right obscure. A new photo added every one to two days. Click on the photos to see a larger picture. There are more pictures in the archive.

Google

Sunday, July 31, 2005

WORLD WAR ONE MEMORIAL


East Canaan, CT - I found this memorial in East Canaan, CT. It is the only World War I memorial I have come across so far; most memorials I find are for the Civil War
It is inscribed, "In memory for those who answered their country's call 1917 - 1918". It was erected in 1928.
 Posted by Picasa

WORLD WAR ONE MEMORIAL

1 Comments:

At 3:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was wonderful to see the picture of the world war I memorial. I lived across the street with my grandparents Harry & Lillie Dean in the 1950's . I lived above the store there . Mr. English owned it at the time. It was an antique shop the last time i was out there to visit. I live in Washington State now. Thanks for sharing pictures. Barbara

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Blogroll Me!